University of Debrecen11 November 2016, 7:08 am Written by Super User
Key Admissions Facts
Intakes : Sept ( Major intake) and January ( for some Programs ) please contact us for more information .
Fee Range : PG ($8500) , UG ($5500per annum) - Fee is taken approximately . For exact fee information please contact us .
Academic Requirements :
PG- Minimum 60% in Bachelor degree
UG - Minimum 70% in 12th year ( standard) of School Education
IELTS Requirements :
PG ( for Engineering programs 6.0 , Management programs 6.5 ) with no band less than 5.5
UG ( for most programs 6.0 , some programs 6.5) with no band less than 5.5
Pre-sessional English - is available (two separate CAS will be provided for pre-sessional and the main program)
Application processing time : 4-5 country student. For UG program student can make a direct application . Credibility interview may be required to pass for an unconditional offer and CAS. To book a free 15-minute credibility interview assessment pleasecontact us.
Scholarships Availability : regional and merit scholarships are available . Please contact us for more information .
Popular Programs : Art and Humanities, Health College Faculty, Business and Management , Computer Science , Engineering , Pharmaceutical Science .
University link :University of Debrecen
NB : This information is just a rough guideline about most of the university programs and doesn't represent the exact information, application process time, IELTS requirements for any specific program . For exact information please contact us .
The history of Debrecen's higher education dates back to the 16th century. The Calvinist Reformed College, established in 1538, played a central role in education, teaching in the native language and spreading Hungarian culture in the region as well as in the whole country. The College was a sound base for the Hungarian Royal University established in 1912. Apart from the three academic faculties (arts, law, theology) a new faculty, the faculty of medicine was introduced, and the University soon became one of the regional citadels of Hungarian higher education. With fifteen faculties organized into 3 centers and a student body of over 25 thousand the University of Debrecen is one of the largest institutions of higher education in Hungary.
- The University of Debrecen in Hungary is becoming increasingly popular with international students as they discover its high-quality education, recognition of its degrees and affordable university tuition fees and living expenses. There are students from around 60 countries at Debrecen; 147 UK students were enrolled at the University for the 2011–12 academic year.
- The history of higher education in Debrecen goes back to the 16th century when the city established the Calvinist College of Debrecen in 1538. A great number of writers, scientists and politicians received their education at the College, and it became one of Hungary's major centres of culture. In the 18th century the schools of Law and Theology were founded and although no separate School of Medicine existed, physicians were also trained in the College. Today's University Medical School is rooted in this spiritual heritage.
- The University of Debrecen was officially inaugurated on 23 October 1918 and at that time consisted of four faculties – Arts, Science, Theology and Medicine. The Faculty of Medicine became an independent University Medical School under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in 1951.
- The Medical School has 22 departments of basic sciences and 25 clinical departments specializing in various fields. It serves as the city hospital for Debrecen and students may also undertake their clinical training here.
Location and Transport
- The University of Debrecen is located in the east of Hungary in the country's second largest city, in an attractive and peaceful forested area of nature reserve.
- The city's public transport facilities are excellent and the University can be reached within minutes by tram, bus and trolleybus.
- There are regular flights from London–Luton airport to Debrecen airport, and Hungary's national airport at Budapest is around two-and-a-half hours away from Debrecen by car or train.
Fall semester: September-January
Winter semester (Spring): February-June
Academic Year: September-June