Sejong University26 September 2016, 10:10 am Written by Super User
Sejong University is a private university located in Seoul, South Korea. The history of Sejong University dates to 1940 when a trust established the Kyung Sung Humanities Institute. In 1978, the academy was named Sejong University in honor of Sejong the Great, the fourth king of the Chosun Dynasty and overseer of the Korean alphabet Hangeul. Sejong University unveiled a new vision to join Asia’s Top 100 universities by 2016 (“Vision 2016: Asia's Top 100 University”) and the top 50 in Asia by 2020. Sejong University holds greater research capability than many of its domestic counterparts, ranking 14th in the 2013 Assessment of Competiveness in Intellectual Property among local universities and 10th based on the number of papers published in the top 20% of international journals in 2011 and selected for the BK 21 plus project for strong research ability. Sejong University is also known for its standing in hotel management, animation and rhythmic gymnastics. The College of Arts and Physical Education and the College of Hospitality and Tourism Management are top ranked in the country.
Location & Transportation
Sejong University is located at Children's Grand Park Station on Line 7.
Buses 4212, 3216, 2012, 2013, 721 and 240 stop at the front and back gates near campus. The fare is 1,000 won.
Taxis can take students to both the front and back gates. Fares vary with distance.
Sejong University has nine colleges:
• College of Liberal Arts,
• College of Social Sciences,
• College of Business Administration,
• College of Hospitality and Tourism Management,
• College of Natural Sciences,
• College of Life Sciences,
• College of Electronics and Information Engineering,
• College of Engineering,
• College of Arts and Physical Education,
and has a Faculty of General Education and seven graduate schools.
• Graduate School of Sejong University
• Graduate School of Business
• Graduate School of Public Policy
• Graduate School of Education
• Graduate School of Tourism
• Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Arts
• Graduate School of Industry