Since 1996, the University has focused his teaching and interdisciplinary research to find solutions to current problems, and ranks among the best universities in Madrid for excellence academic programs and international scientific quality.
King Juan Carlos University (Spanish: Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, URJC) is a Spanish public research university located in the Southern area of the Community of Madrid (Spain), with four campuses at Mostoles, Alcorcon, Vicálvaro and Fuenlabrada.It is named after king Juan Carlos I of Spain. It was established in 1996 and has the Latin motto Non nova,
King Juan Carlos University offers a wide range of degrees, all adapted to the European Higher Education Area. This includes 64 undergraduate degrees, 44 dual degrees, 6 English-taught degrees, 6 university degrees on-line, 18 diplomas, 8 Engineering degrees, as well as a wide range of official master’s (81), doctoral programs and their own degrees and training (34), all related to the areas of Health Sciences, Experimental Sciences and Technology, Communication Sciences, and Law and Social Sciences. King Juan Carlos University has four campuses currently operating in Madrid, Fuenlabrada, Móstoles and Vicálvaro, and a Foundation whose headquarters are located in Madrid’s Plaza de Manuel Becerra.
The URJC is divided into four campuses. Each campus is composed of one or more schools:
- Móstoles Campus is, since 1998, the headquarters of the School of Experimental Sciences and Technology (ESCET) and since 2007 the School of Computer Engineering (ETSII). It also houses the University Senate and the office of the President (Rector).
- Alcorcón Campus ouses the Faculty of Health Sciences since 1997 and the University Hospital URJC.
- Vicálvaro Campus (Madrid) is the seat of the Faculty of Juridical and Social Sciences (FCJS) since 1998.
- Fuenlabrada Campus houses since 2000, the Faculty of Communication Sciences and School of Tourism, which since November 2009 was renamed the Faculty of Tourism, and since 2005 the School of Telecommunications Engineering (ETSIT).
Each school or college is independently governed by a Dean or School Director, and it is divided into academic departments.
- Institute of Commercial Management and Marketing in Somosaguas (Madrid).
- ESERP School (Madrid).
- Higher Institute of Dance Alicia Alonso (Fuenlabrada).
- Institute of Humanities (Vicálvaro).
- Institute of International Legal Studies (Vicálvaro).
- Public Law Institute (Vicálvaro).
- University Language Centre (Vicálvaro), which regularly gives courses in English, French, German, Italian, Chinese and Spanish for foreigners.
- Research and Documentation Centre of the European Union Emile Noël (Vicálvaro).
- Volunteering and Cooperation Center (Alcorcón).
- University Centre for Applied Social Studies (Vicálvaro).
- Economics Study Center in Madrid (Vicálvaro).
- Center for Latin American Studies (Móstoles).
- Center for the Study of the Olympic Movement (Vicálvaro).
- Center for Intelligent Information Technologies and Applications (CETINIA)
- Business Incubator (Vicálvaro).
- Legal Office (Vicálvaro).
- Technology Support Center (Móstoles).
- Center for Innovation, Technology Transfer and Knowledge (Móstoles).
- Laboratory Network URJC (REDLABU).
- Centre of Research and Teaching, located in the so-called Nuncio's Palace in Aranjuez.
King Juan Carlos University organizes its Summer courses in Aranjuez.
Studies include: Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Chemical engineering, Environmental Science, Odontology, Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Audiovisual Communication, Telecommunications, Tourism, Journalism, Law, Economy, Business Administration and Management, Sociology, History, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Food Science and Technology, Biology, Odontology, Psychology, Preschool Education, International Relations, Visual Arts and Dance, Criminology,among others.
Enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students