University of Bedfordshire1 September 2016, 12:02 pm Written by aocg admin
Key Admissions Facts
Intakes : Sept ( Major intake), Nov and Feb/March ( for some Programs for UG and PG ). May/June for MBA and some Master Programs in Business. Please contact us for more information .
Fee Range : PG (£10000 to £12500 ), UG (£9500 per annum)- Fee is taken approximately.For exact fee information please contact us.
Discount: student can also pay Full Fees and avail an Early Payment Discount of 1000 Pounds. Students can also get a discount of £500 if they pay 65% of the fee on or before registration (Which can be paid before or on at Registration only and not after registration).
Academic Requirements :
PG- Minimum 50% in Bachelor degree
UG - Minimum 55 % in 12th year ( standard) of School Education
IELTS requirement :
PG ( for most programs 6.0 , some programs 6.5 ) with no band less than 5.5
UG ( For most programs 6.0 ) with no band less than 5.5
IELTS Waiver : Yes
Pre-sessional English - is available ( One CAS will be provided for pre-sessional and main program ) .
Student with UKVI IELTS minimum 5.5 overall with 5.5 in each bands need to attend a three months English Skills course along with their main course, this will be free of charge.
Students with UKVI IELTS minimum 5.5 overall with 5.0 in only one band would need to attend maximum 2 weeks pre-sessional.
Minimum Deposit to get CAS : £65% of tuition fee.
Application process time : 2-3 days for most Programs . For UG program student can make a direct application . Credibility interview is mandatory to pass for the CAS.
Scholarships Availability : regional and merit scholarship are available .Please contact us for more information .
Popular Programs : Accounting & Finance, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering, Architecture, Art & Design, Biological Sciences, Business & Management Studies, Computer Science, Dance,Economics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, English, General Engineering, Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism,Law, Marketing, Mathematics, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacology & Pharmacy, Politics, and Psychology.Please contact us for more information
University Link :University of Bedfordshire
NB : This information is just a rough guideline about most of the university programs and doesn't represent the exact information, application process time, IELTS requirements for any specific program . For exact information please contact us .
Although a new university, Bedfordshire is an institution with a rich heritage, and academic roots across the county dating back to 1882.The University of Bedfordshire has over 22,000 students, from more than 120 countries, at its six campuses.
The University of Luton had its roots in the Luton Modern School, which was established in 1908 and the Luton Modern School and Technical Institute which opened in 1937. This became Luton College of Higher Education with the merger of Luton College of Technology and Putteridge Bury College of Education in 1976. It obtained university status in 1993. The Bedford campus of De Montfort University was originally part of the Bedford College of Higher Education, which stemmed from Bedford Teacher Training College, founded in 1882, and Bedford Physical Training College, founded in 1903. The university was created by the merger of the University of Luton and the Bedford campus of De Montfort University August 2006 following approval by the Privy Council.
Location and Transport
Luton and Bedford are lively, student-friendly towns with thriving social scenes, surrounded by tranquil, rural villages where you can truly embrace country life. Whether you prefer to dance the night away, or kick back and relax in the beautiful countryside, Bedfordshire has something to suit everyone.
You are never more than one hour away from London at any of Bedfordshire’s campuses.
There are great transport links to the capital, the midlands and internationally.
Only 30 minutes by train from central London and you arrive at the University of Bedfordshire. The University has 22,000 students from more than 120 countries, and is spread across five campuses:
Luton campus – a town centre campus boasting a range of industry-standard facilities.
Bedford campus – an enclosed leafy campus which houses the PE and Sport Science Centre which was used to train athletes in the 2012 Olympic Games.
Putteridge Bury – an Elizabethan mansion; home to many of our postgraduate students.
Buckinghamshire campus – in Aylesbury, with dedicated facilities for our Nursing students.
UCMK, Milton Keynes – Newest campus which opened in 2013.
Why Study Here?
• At Bedfordshire University is dedicated to providing you best support possible during your time with us.
• Student Support team will make sure you arrive to a warm welcome. You will also receive a Pre-Arrival guide which tells you everything you need to know before coming to the UK. Once you arrive, the team organises five-day orientation programme to introduce you to the life and study here.
• Every new student is given a Buddy – a current international student who can help you settle into student life quickly and easily. Buddies will provide you with anything from directions to find your lectures to helping you with accommodation or buying a sim card for your phone.
• Student Information Desk can be accessed 24/7 and delivers a range of services, from printing council tax letters and booking appointments with a counsellor, to providing a wide range of information all in one place.
• Professional Academic Development (PAD) team can help you if you are experiencing difficulty with your studies or if you want to develop your skills further.
• From referencing to It skills, PAD team is there to support you every step of you way. University has designed Communications skills classes to give you an excellent foundation on which to build your academic success and equip with you with practical skills. The programme will be individually tailored to your needs.
The 15,655 students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
74% undergraduate, 26% postgraduate taught
69% full-time, 31% part-time
79% UK, 4% EU, 17%Other