How can I apply to the USA Universities?
There are three main intakes for US Universities :-
Fall ( August ) - it's a major intake
Spring - January
Summer - May
For a hassle free application process you should start making application as early as possible.
You should adopt following steps :-
- Get the assessment on your profile with AOCG counsellor and narrow your university or institute search to three to five schools.
- Collect the required documents for application like Reference letters , transcripts , SOP etc
- Get your GRE/GMAT/SAT or IELTS / TOEFL score .
- Edit and review your documents and application requirements, as each university is different.
- Send application pack to University
- Apply for Scholarship ( if applicable)
- Get Offer letter and I-20
- Apply for Visa
If you are looking to apply for Master program in top ranking Universities then following process should be followed .
Admission requirements :-
- A completed application form
- Application fee ($50-100 per university)
- Admissions exam scores ( IELTS /TOEFL for English Proficiency and GRE/SAT and GMAT ) - IELTS 6.0 for UG and 6.5 for PG or TOEFL 90+ for PG and 80+ for UG .
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcript ( A transcript is a document listing your academic qualifications and marks during the final four years of school )
- 3 letters of reference for PG and 2 For UG program .
- Interview (for some universities)
- CV- Outlining extracurricular activities
NB : 12 years of education is required for UG program and 15 or 16 years of education is required to have admission in Master program . Most of Science based programs need 16 years of education .