Contact us today on 00447828403281 ( WhatsApp, IMO and Viber) or email on

Visa Process and Requirements

Depending on your country of origin and the type and length of study, you may require:

  • A temporary resident visa
  • A study permit

In order to be eligible to apply for a student permit (student visa ) , a student must be enrolled in a program of study ( degree, diploma or certificate) and the institution should be listed under Designated Learning institutions (DLI) list authorized by CIC.

There are three categories in which students can file their visa applications




The type of documentation required depends on your country of origin, the program you are taking, and the length of your study:

  • Any study program of up to six months: no study permit is required
  • Programs longer than six months require a study permit

NOTE: A temporary resident visa may be required depending on your country of origin. Please see the list of countries that require a temporary resident visa as provided by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

A step-by-step guide to obtaining a student authorization:

Gather the necessary documents : It is crucial that students submit all documentation requested with their applications. Missing documentation will delay the authorization process. A list of necessary documents for visa are below

Proof of identity. This includes

  • photocopies of a valid passport or travel document or identity document that guarantees re-entry to the country that issued it; and
  • two recent passport-size photos (2" x 2.5") for each family member, with the full name and date of birth recorded on the back of each photo.
  • Visa officers may also wish to see the actual passport or travel document and will inform you if this is the case.

Proof of financial support that shows you will have enough money during your stay in Canada to cover

  • tuition fees,
  • return transportation and
  • $10,000 CDN per annum for living expenses

(additional funds may be required if there are other family members accompanying you).

Documentation for this requirement could be

  • your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • pay stubs
  • an employment letter
  • proof of assets or business
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • tax reports, declarations or statements
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

(As a guideline, $10,000 CDN plus to tuition fees per academic year is generally viewed as sufficient.)

A medical examination in your country of origin. Medical exams are required if your stay is longer than six months and you come from a country with high health risks or will be studying or working in a place where protection of public health is essential.

Proof of acceptance by an approved educational institution. The following information must be included in letters of acceptance: name, date of birth, mailing address of student; the course for which the student has been accepted; the estimated duration or date of completion of the course; the date on which the course begins; the last date on which the student must register for the course; the academic year which the student will be entering; whether the course is full or part-time; the tuition fee; any conditions related to acceptance; clear identification of the educational institution; and licensing information for private institutions. This letter must be signed by an authorized representative of the institution.

Student visa application form Visa application can be filled online or submitted as a paper application . More information about application form can be found on CIC website .

Once you have completed the application forms and have gathered the necessary documentation, proceed to the visa office nearest to you and submit the forms and required information along with a study permit fee. When reviewing your study permit application, a visa officer must be satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations and that you will only be in Canada temporarily. Once the visa officer is satisfied that you are a "bona fide" student and all statutory requirements are met, you will be issued a document which must be shown to an immigration officer at the port of entry in Canada in order to obtain a study permit . As your study permit will normally be valid for the duration of your course, please ensure that your travel document (passport) is also valid for that same period of time.

If you are a minor (typically less than 18 years but this can vary from province to province), proof of custodianship in Canada is required. You must provide a notarized declaration signed by your parent or legal guardian in the country of origin AND a notarized declaration signed by the custodian in Canada stating that adequate arrangements have been made for the custodian in Canada to act in place of a parent in times of emergency, such as when medical attention or intervention is required. For younger children, a broader declaration may be required. Broad declarations must state that the custodian is not only responsible in times of emergency but also for day-to-day care and supervision.


List of documents are required for the visa :-

  • Study Visa application form ( IMM1294) , Family information form (IMM5645) and IMM5257 form .
  • Original passport ( Should be valid for duration of study )
  • 2 Photos
  • Letter of Acceptance from your prospective University in Canada
  • IELTS test taken within 24 months
  • Photocopy of the most recent
  • Dip/leaving, most recent mark sheet (consolidated mark sheet are NOT acceptable)
  • Copy of the receipt of the tuition fees paid.
  • Proof of funds – in an acceptable format
  • Copy of medical examination