Contact us today on 00447828403281 ( WhatsApp, IMO and Viber) or email on

Working in Ireland

During study

Students are allowed to work 20 hrs/week during term time if they have stamp 2 visa permission . They can work 40 hours during the months of June, July, August and September and from 15th December to 15th January inclusive.

Degree programme students can get casual work where they are:

  • Registered with GNIB
  • Enrolled on a recognised programme leading to a qualification recognised by the Minister for Education & Skills
  • Attending a full time programme of education at or above NFQ Level 7
  • Undertaking a minimum of 15 hours day time study
  • Getting tuition, between the hours of 8am and 6pm per week for a minimum of 25 weeks per annum
  • On a programme of at least one year’s duration

International students who meet the above conditions and wish to take up work in Ireland must obtain a Personal Public Services Number (PPS Number). Ireland’s minimum wage is €9.15 per hour.

After study

It may be possible to stay in Ireland after you complete your studies for the purpose of seeking employment under the Irish Third Level Graduate Scheme (stamp 1 G) . This scheme exists to allow legally resident non-EU third level graduates to remain in Ireland in order to look for employment or apply for a green card/work permit.

  • During their approved stay under the scheme, a student can work full-time (40 hours a week).
  • The permission under the Irish Third Level Graduate Scheme is non renewable.

To qualify for the Third Level Graduate Scheme, the student's award ( Bachelor, Master or PhD degree )  must be granted by a recognised awarding body based in the Republic of Ireland (such as QQI or a university). Overseas accreditation - for example an award studied in Ireland but accredited by UK university - will not qualify for the scheme.

For students whose degree is at a minimum of level 8 on the NFQ the period for the Graduate Employment Scheme is 12 months. Students on level 7 of the NFQ will be offered the 6 month scheme.

After 12 months, student may be eligible for the Green Card or Work Permit Scheme.