Contact us today on 00447828403281 ( WhatsApp, IMO and Viber) or email on

Working in the sweden

During study :  

Students may work over the same period as the residence permit. They do not need a special work permit. International student in Sweden are allowed to work as many hours as they can but it is advisable to give 40 hrs per week on study ( reading and assignments) .

Working after study :

Students can apply to extend their residence permit for up to six months to search for a job or start a company, and if they receive a job offer meeting certain conditions they can then apply for a work permit.

Residence permit upto 6 months ( for employment or to start your business) or Post study work visa:  

To get a residence permit you have to

  • have a passport that is valid for the whole of the period you intend to be in Sweden
  • have had a residence permit for higher education that has lasted for at least two terms
  • have completed your studies
  • apply for a residence permit while you are still in Sweden
  • plan to seek employment or examine the possibilities of starting your own business
  • be able to support yourself during the period for which you are applying for
  • have full health insurance if you are not registered in the population register in Sweden.


Work Permit :

If you are offered a permanent job, you can apply for a work permit in Sweden.

In order to apply for a work permit without leaving the country you should

  • have a residence permit for studies at a university or university college, or residence permit to seek employment in Sweden
  • apply for a work permit before your residence permit expires
  • have completed at least 30 credits or one semester of postgraduate studies in Sweden.


Permanent Residence or Long Term Residence Permit :

To be granted long-term resident status, you must

  • have lived continuously in Sweden for five years
  • have had a residence permit (work permit)  for the last five years
  • have a permanent residence permit
  • and your family are able to support themselves.

If you have had a Swedish residence permit for, for example, studies or for a visit, you cannot count this period of time. That is because this type of permit is granted for a limited time, not to those who wish to live in Sweden.