University Of Hertfordshire1 September 2016, 11:56 am Written by aocg admin
Key Admissions Facts
Intakes : Sept ( Major intake) and January ( for some Programs ) please contact us for more information .
Fee Range : ) - For exact fee information please contact us .
Academic Requirements :
PG- Minimum 55% in Bachelor degree
UG - Minimum 60% -70%in 12th year ( standard) of School Education
IELTS Requirements :
PG ( for most programs 6.0 , some programs 6.5 ) with no band less than 5.5
UG ( for most programs 6.0 , some programs 6.5) with no band less than 5.5
Pre-sessional English - is available ( one separate CAS will be provided for pre-sessional and the main program )
Minimum Deposit to get CAS : 50% but with high-risk countries more initial payment can be asked.
Application processing time : 2-3 week for high-risk country students , 1-2 week for the low-risk country student. For UG program student can make a direct application . Credibility interview is a must requirement to pass for an unconditional offer and CAS. To book a free 15 minute credibility interview assessment please contact us.
Scholarships Availability : regional and merit scholarships are available . Please contact us for more information .
Popular Programs : Engineering , Business and Management , Computer Science , Health and Social Care , Art and Design , Education .
University link : University Of Hertfordshire
NB : This information is just a rough guideline about most of the university programs and doesn't represent the exact information, application process time, IELTS requirements for any specific program . For exact information please contact us .
The University's academic activities are organized into 11 schools, within which there are around 50 academic departments and 24 research centers. The university has a unique history in training aerospace engineers. The university offers courses in architecture, astronomy, business, computing, education, engineering, humanities, natural sciences, pharmacy and social sciences. Hertfordshire is recognized as internationally excellent and world leading for research in the field of History
A model 21st-century university – international, business-facing and business-like in its approach. Gained university status in 1992.Post-war technical college established by De Havilland Aircraft Company as an Engineering Centre of Excellence. The college later evolved into Hatfield College of Technology and Hatfield Polytechnic.
Location and Transportation
Two sites – one in Hatfield and one in Bayfordbury (a rural field station and observatory outside Hertford).
Outstanding transport links to the rest of the UK, the university is well located with London only 25 minutes' away by train to London King's Cross tube and railway station.
Uno Bus, a University of Hertfordshire owned bus company, was set up by the university in 1992 to provide student transport to the expanding university from local areas as well as improving east–west travel across the county and opening up new links from north London.
International transport well served with London Luton and London Stansted airports just 20 miles from the university.
Why Study Here?
- We pride ourselves as an enterprising and innovation-led, award-winning university.
- Our links to UK and international industry provide excellent opportunities for students to enhance their experience.
- A great location – you will be only 25 minutes by train to central London, and within easy reach of all four of the capital's international airports. You are guaranteed university accommodation in your first year on an attractive, safe campus that provides a real home from home.
- A modern campus – with the £15m Sports Village, the Forum our 1,500 capacity entertainment venue and brand new accommodation, Hutton Hub and Student Union, the university is a great place to live and study.
- 21st-century study facilities – you will have access to our award-winning Learning Resources Centres, which are widely regarded as the best among UK universities. Cutting-edge facilities within our academic schools include: the Law Court, one of the UK’s best-equipped astronomical observatories, a flight simulator, Formula 1 simulator, wind tunnels, environmental and anechoic chambers, a simulated intensive care unit, mock pharmacy, creative studios and digital workshops. You will also be connected to StudyNet, your online university available 24/7 on the web from any location.
- Employability – your degree studies will provide you with the knowledge, practical skills and experience that employers look for, giving you the best chance of career success. Over 95% per cent of students at the university are in work or further study six months after graduating.
- Teaching excellence – you will enjoy high-quality teaching, which is independently commended by the UK's Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. Many of our degree courses are also accredited by professional bodies.
- Flexible study routes – to help you meet our entry requirements, we offer a range of tailored foundation and preparatory courses. These are designed to improve your English language, develop study skills, and build your subject knowledge, before you start your degree.
- Dedicated International Student Support Team – made up of experienced welfare advisers who can help and advise you on a variety of subjects, including immigration, work permits, and financial and personal matters. They also organise a social programme for international students, which includes trips to other parts of the UK and Europe.
The 24,880 students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
77% undergraduate, 23% postgraduate taught
70% full-time, 30% part-time
83% UK, 3% EU, 13%Other