Leeds City College21 September 2016, 12:43 pm Written by Super User
Key Admissions Facts
Intakes: Sept ( Major intake) and January ( for some Programs ) please contact us for more information .
Fee Range: For exact fee information please contact us .
PG- Minimum 55% in Bachelor degree
UG - Minimum 60% in 12th year (standard) of School Education
PG (for most programs 6.0, some programs 6.5) with no band less than 5.5
UG (for most programs 6.0, some programs 6.5) with no band less than 6.0
Pre-sessional English - is available (One separate CAS will be provided for pre-sessional and the main program)
Minimum Deposit to get CAS: £50% but with high-risk countries more initial payment can be asked.
Application processing time : 2-3 week for high-risk country students , 1-2 week for the low-risk country student. For UG program student can make a direct application . Credibility interview is a must requirement to pass for an unconditional offer and CAS. To book a free 15 minute credibility interview assessment please contact us.
Scholarships Availability: Regional and merit scholarships are available. Please contact us for more information.
Popular Programs : MBA, Engineering , Business and Management , Computer Science , Health and Social Care , Art and Design , Education,.
University link: Leeds City College
NB : This information is just a rough guideline about most of the university programs and doesn't represent the exact information, application process time, IELTS requirements for any specific program . For exact information please contact us .
Leeds City College is the largest Further education establishment in the City of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, with around 26,000 students, 2,300 staff and an annual turnover of £78 million. It officially opened on 1 April 2009.The College was granted official status in January 2009 and was formed from three large colleges, Park Lane College, Leeds Thomas Danby Collegeand Leeds College of Technology. The college is a member of the 157 Group of 28 high performing state sixth form colleges and colleges of further education.
On 1 August 2011 the college expanded further with the merger of the three sites of Joseph Priestley College in Rothwell, Beestonand Morley.On the same day it also became the owner of a newly re-constituted Leeds College of Music which will maintain a level of independence as a wholly owned company of the City College.
Leeds City College was established in 2009 following the merger of three of the city’s largest colleges – Leeds College of Technology, Leeds Thomas Danby, and Park Lane College Leeds & Keighley.
In 2011, it merged again with Joseph Priestley College and Leeds College of Music (with Leeds College of Music continuing to operate as a separate institute).
It is now one of the largest colleges in the country.
- Leeds City College has six main campuses: Horsforth, Joseph Priestley, Keighley, Park Lane, Technology and Printworks. It also has dozens of smaller community centres within the region.
- Leeds has good road, rail and bus links serving the main Leeds campuses, and a direct train service to Keighley.
- A free bus service operates within the city, passing the train station, bus station and several college sites every 10 minutes.
- Leeds Bradford International Airport is roughly 8 miles from the city centre..
Why study here?
- The college offers a diverse curriculum to 40,000 students and has more than 1,300 staff, making it one of the area’s largest employers.
- We provide a vibrant, multicultural learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Across the college there are 127 countries represented by students with the diverse staff population adding to that number!
- Our courses cover almost all subject areas and include full and part-time academic and vocational qualifications through from basic skills to apprenticeships and A Levels to Foundation Degrees. There is something to suit the needs of everyone from pre and post 16-year-olds to adult learners, employers and businesses.
- Leeds City College operates out of five main campuses – Horsforth, Keighley, Park Lane, Technology and Printworks – as well as having provisions in smaller community centres across the region.
More than 50,000 students.