University Of The West Of Scotland Featured1 September 2016, 10:20 am Written by aocg admin
Key Admissions Facts
Intakes : Sept ( Major intake) and January ( for some Programs ) please contact us for more information .
Fee Range : - For exact fee information please contact us .
Academic Requirements :
PG- Minimum 55%-65% in Bachelor degree
UG – Minimum60%- 70% in 12th year ( standard) of School Education
IELTS Requirements :
PG for most program 6.0, some program 6.5 with no band less than 5.5
UG ( for most programs 6.0 , some programs 6.5) with no band less than 5.5
Pre-sessional English - is available ( two separate CAS will be provided for pre-sessional and the main program )
Minimum Deposit to get CAS: £50% but with high-risk countries more initial payment can be asked.
Application processing time: 2-3 week for high-risk country students, 1-2 week for the low-risk country student. For UG program student can make a direct application Credibility interview may be required to pass for an unconditional offer and CAS. To book a free 15-minute credibility interview assessment please contact us.
Scholarships Availability: regional and merit scholarship are available. Please contact us for more information.
Popular Programs : Social Sciences , Health, Nursing and Midwifery, Creative and Cultural Industries Computing and Engineering ,Life and Health Sciences Art, Design & the Built Environment, Social Science.Please contact us for more information.
University link : UWS - University of the West Scotland
NB : This information is just a rough guideline about most of the university programs and doesn't represent the exact information, application process time, IELTS requirements for any specific program . For exact information please contact us .
Founded in 1897 to offer vocational courses, the university began offering degree studies in the early 1900s and matured to university status in 1992.
• On 1 August 2007 the university merged with Bell College.
• Name change to University of the West of Scotland in 2007
There are five campuses at Ayr, Dumfries, Lanarkshire, Paisley and London.
• Paisley Campus is 1.5 km (1 mile) from Glasgow Airport and 10 minutes by train from the centre of Glasgow.
• Lanarkshire is around 25 minutes on the train from Glasgow.
• Ayr Campus is 40 minutes from Glasgow by car or train.
• Dumfries Campus is reached by bus from Dumfries centre.
• London Campus is just over 15 minutes’ walk from London Bridge underground and Borough Market, and close to Elephant and Castle and Borough tube stations. The campus provides a delivery point for UWS undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in London.
Why Study Here?
• A five-campus university, with campuses in Ayr, Dumfries, Hamilton and Paisley and a new campus in London.
• Six academic schools offering undergraduate, postgraduate and research study.
• Career-focused programmes, designed in partnership with business and industry, with professional recognition and practical experience options.
• 94% of UWS graduates in work or further study six months after graduating.
• Top in the UK for student satisfaction in a range of subjects in the National Student Survey 2015.
• 4* rating in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2015.
• World-leading and internationally excellent research (Research Exercise Framework 2014).
• Awarded highest possible rating for quality and standards in the 2014 Enhancement-Led Institutional Review.
• Our Students' Association SAUWS won NUS Scotland’s HE Students’ Association of the Year award in 2016.
• Excellent travel links from across the UK and further afield.
• Organisations for international students.
The 14,730 students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
UK 94% EU 4% Other 3%